The uses and benefits of CBD oil are abundant and these make this product in-demand in the market. Buying this oil can be quite expensive especially if the sources are not that many. This is why homemade CBD oil can be beneficial for its users. This oil is effective in managing different conditions like anxiety, pain, depression, insomnia, muscle pains, and other mental and physical conditions. It can also provide the body with needed essential oils like vitamins and minerals, flavonoids, omega fatty acids, and other proteins. It will be a big help if people can just make the oil right in their homes. Here is a useful guide to help you make your homemade CBD oil.
- First, you have to choose a good quality cannabis plant. Remember that good quality plants will produce good quality end products. Choose healthy buds and stems.
- Once you have chosen the best parts of the plant, you can start with the decarboxylation process. This is done by baking the parts at 220 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour and 30 minutes. Heating the plant will activate the plant’s chemicals.
- After baking, put the plant parts in a jar. Add your preferred carrier oil to saturate the weed. You can choose the amount of oil to be added to the plant.
- After saturation, you can boil the oil-weed mixture. Put water in a pot covering three fourth level of the jar. Make sure that the jar is securely covered so that no steam or water will enter the jar.
- Bring the jar to a boil at 200 degrees. It is best to use temperature to ensure that the heat is accurate.
- Check on the jars once in a while to ensure that the water has not steamed out or evaporated. Once the water has simmered for about three hours, turn off heat. Let it sit for about three hours.
- Repeat the process by boiling the jar again for three hours and letting it sit and cool down overnight.
- In the morning, the oil will be ready to use. You can strain the mixture using cheesecloth.
- Store the oil in a mason jar. Keep it in a cool and dry place for longer life.
This DIY CBD based oil will prevent you from spending a lot of money from buying it in the market. Though there are already quite a few sellers of this oil, it is still cheaper if you will just make it from your own kitchen. With homemade oil, you can always have one to use anytime needed. You can also make a few more jars or bottles to give as gifts to your friends or family, or if you want to make a profit from it, you can sell small bottles in the market. Learning this process is beneficial for you as it can be for personal use or for business purposes. DIY oil extraction from CBD is easy and hassle-free as long as you know the right steps to take.